Thursday, January 13, 2011

Lady Grey...Complete! Final Photos









Here's a few pic of me wearing my Lady Grey (I know it's difficult to see, but that last pic is of the lace I added to the lining.  Such a nice touch you would never find buying retail!).  This project ended up being my first coat and my first time matching plaids.  Obviously, I knew it would be my first time sewing a winter coat.  The plaid matching, however, was something I thought about later.  I simply fell in love with the colors and pattern at the fabric store, had it cut, took it home and only thin realized I had to match the pattern.  #$%#!!  Just kidding, as with many things the idea ended up being much worse than the reality.   It certainly took time to match pattern (putting me well behind the rest of the group), but I wouldn’t say it was techinically very difficult.

What can I say?  This project was so challenging and the final product gives such an amazing feeling of accomplishment!  I still remained very impressed with the Lady Grey Pattern and Gertie’s instruction; I would highly recommend both.  Gertie’s introduction to tailoring was amazing!

Have a great day!

10 comments:

  1. You did an amazing job! It must feel so good to wear something that you made that looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! This is a beautiful piece! You did a wonderful job! I really want to have one:) It should look fabulous with a red tight skirt:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! It's by far the most challenging sewing project I've taken on to date, so I am very proud of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you did such a fantastic job! matching plaid is really hard but it turns out so great when it does happen....sewing is rewarding!

    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much! I really did learn a ton from this project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! I love that pattern. I've been eyeing the Lady Grey, but I can't really justify another coat hanging in my closet right now, so I'll just keep drooling over everyone else's. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much! This was a very difficult project for me, so I really appreciate you taking the time to comment.

    I know what you mean, now I officially won't need another coat for quite a while. But that's the fun thing about sewing, there's certainly no shortage of challenging projects. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!! You did a greatgreat job!! LOVE IT!! mine was not very succesfull hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Lizzy - Thank you! The only reason mine was successful was because I worked veeerrry slow. It took me 4 months; I only had time to make one other garment this winter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning! I've been on the fence about this pattern, but it looks so great on you that now I'm decided - got to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete