Monday, June 20, 2011

Spring Green Dress - COMPLETE!



Hello, remember me? I know it's been awhile, life has been crazy but wonderful. About two months ago I was finally offered a new job, after nearly two years of searching. It's not that my last job was horrible; I worked with wonderful people that I already miss seeing everyday. I was just in desperate need of something more challenging. Anyway, the last last two months have been a whirlwind of interviews, gathering files and samples of my design work, putting in a two weeks notice (which, even though I left on good terms, was awkward, to say the least), taking a quick vacay with my husband and pup, then finally beginning my new job (which I love!). I also found time to out a few personal affairs in order, which was desperately needed. Oh yeah, I also completed a few sewing projects.



I completed my Spring Green Dress two months ago when it was, ahem, still spring. This vintage pattern had been on my to-make list for a long time (see the project plan). I absolutely love wearing this dress! I get compliments every time I wear it, and not the typical "like your dress stuff either." Compliments like an 80 year old woman stopping me in the grocery story because "I wanted to tell me how lovely you look in that dress." Seriously, that happened. Without a doubt the best compliment I've ever received. :)


TIME: Hard to tell, since it was made during such a chaotic time in my life. Longer than it should have, that's for sure. COST: $20 (fabric, bias tape) FABRIC: Rayon

15 comments:

  1. This dress is so cute! That color looks quite nice on you. Congrats on finding a new job that you love. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful dress! I love the cutout detail on the back. Congratulations on your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cuuute! I love the cutout- are those little bows there? Congratulations on the new job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous dress. Totally in love with the fit, colour and details. What a gorgeous look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone!

    @liza jane - yes, those are bows on the top and bottom of the cutout. I made them out of bias tape. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Green is a great spring colour. I like the cutout in the back, and the bows.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute and I adore that colour!
    ~Alana

    ReplyDelete
  8. ACK!! ashley, this is EXQUISITE! the color, the trim, the details, everything! i cannot stop using the exclamation point!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much everyone, it's quickly climbing to a top spot on my "favorites made-by-me" list. So much fun to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks beautiful on you with the color, the style, and the accents. Love that the back has a some interest, too. All around, a great dress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great dress. I think I love everything about it. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so fabulous! The dress is perfect and you look gorgeous in it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found you on Sew Retro and wanted to say how lovely your dress looks! I have the exact same pattern and I hope that when I get to use it, it comes out half as nice as yours ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Everyone!

    @Marie - I'll be on the look out for your version! :)

    ReplyDelete