Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Stash Conquest Project One: The Vintage Transition Dress


I can't give you the details on this fabric.  Well, I do know it feels like a cotton voile, but I don't remember where I bought it, how much I paid for it, or my original intention of what to make with it.


It was a very timely pick for my first Stash Conquest Project due to the color and time of year.  The colors are certainly not summer-y, yet the fabric is light-weight; perfect for a Fall transition in the Southeastern United States.


The pattern is the same one I used for the Vintage Introduction Dress, my new go-to sewing pattern.  My first intention was to make the long sleeve version with the ruffles, but after noticing how lightweight the fabric was I decided to alter to a 3/4 length.  


The full long sleeve version is definitely on my to-do list, maybe even in black, just like on the pattern envelope.


Thanks for stopping by!


7 comments:

  1. this came out beautifully! I love the black in the middle. Totally makes the dress a THAT much more interesting and breaks up the busy pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great dress! It's vintage, but modern too. It looks very well made. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree- vintage but still very modern. I love the fabric. I also really like the long sleeveless version on that pattern, too. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That black middle totally makes the dress! I love the rich jewel-toned fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOO!!! This is a wonderful transition dress! I can see it lasting well into cooler weather with the addition of some tights!

    ReplyDelete